Autumn Radtke found dead of suspected suicide in Singapore
‘THE American chief executive of a bitcoin exchange has been found dead at her home in Singapore.
‘Autumn Radtke, 28, was found dead in her apartment on February 28 and investigators are awaiting toxicology tests to confirm that her death was a suicide.
‘Radtke formerly worked with Apple and other Silicon Valley tech firms on developing digital payment systems before taking up the position with First Meta, an exchange for the digital currency bitcoin…’
Victory Against Irresponsible Pharmas
Family Awarded $63 Million After Child Lost Skin, Went Blind Because Of Johnson & Johnson Pain Reliever Motrin
‘The family of a Plymouth-area girl who nearly died and was left legally blind after taking one of the country’s most common household medicines, Children’s Motrin, was awarded $63 million Wednesday by a Massachusetts jury that found health care giant Johnson & Johnson failed to warn patients adequately about the painkiller’s potential side effects…’
The Perils of Problematic Prescribing
‘Twice this week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has pointed to the harm caused by aberrant and inappropriate prescribing by physicians.
‘First, the CDC reported Monday that doctors are a primary source of narcotic painkillers for chronic abusers at the highest risk of overdoses. Physicians edged out even family, friends and drug dealers. More than 16,000 people died of narcotic overdoses in 2010, the most recent year for which data is available, the CDC has reported…’
Why You Should STOP Wasting Precious Time with TV News
‘You might have already had your doubts, as to whether watching the “news” on commercial TV was worth 1 hour, one minute – let alone 1 second – of your time.
‘Hopefully, this clip, which was put together by Conan O’Brien’s production staff, aka “Team Coco” will help make this decision a snap!…’